.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Starting Fresh

Over the past year, I had such grand intentions for this little blog. I wanted to document our homeschooling experience (which was great, hard, and amazing, all at the same time). I wanted to take a photo a coffee cup every day and tell you a little story about it, just so you could get to know me a little better. Then I think I just did what I usually do...I stopped. No reason other than I'm not very great at the follow-through of things.

So here I am, again, asking you to check out this blog whenever you have a minute. And, again, I have a list of things I want to achieve or accomplish through the blog. One of the differences this time is that I'm going to show you my list:

  • I still want to do the coffee cup of the day. And I'm gonna. 'cause I can.
  • My kids are going back to school this year (for reasons I'm sure you'll read about as time goes on), so there won't be anymore home school talk and the subtitle of the blog will change.
  • I will designate a day of the week to blog. Friday seems logical because Mr. Armed with a Latte is home, but, because he IS home, I like to spend time with him (occasionally). So I need to find another day to blog. (Pardon me if I think/babble out loud here.) One of things I'm looking forward to this school year is having an occasional cup of coffee (or 3) with my mom-friends, so I want to keep mornings free (or as free as possible right after drop-off). I'm also looking forward (hmmm...or just wanting) to having a more structured house routine since the kids will be gone a big part of the day. So I'll have to figure out a day that minimal cleaning needs to be done (just the everyday stuff, not deeper cleaning).
  • I want to have a notebook that I carry with me to jot down ideas that come to me or experiences I have during the week so I can share them with you. That way, I can a) be more consistent (an idea from one of my sisters by choice!) and b) not babble, which I've been known to do occasionally. I mean, frequently.
  • I want to be a blogger that makes you smile and laugh. I don't necessarily want to give you tips (Lord knows I don't have any great ones...have you seen my house?), but I want to share my heart and my life with you.
  • I want to be real. I don't want to pretend to be the brave little Christian girl who has it all together. I am not. I am a girl who loves Jesus, but fails to exhibit that love frequently. I'm a girl who wants to grow in Jesus, but chooses the easy way out sometimes. A lot of the time. I love things I shouldn't, I don't always LOVE getting up in the morning for church, and I don't let very many of my Christian friends know who I am or what I really struggle with spiritually. I want that to end. Or ease up at least. I want to be honest with you.
  • I love books. I LOVE BOOKS!! And I want to share my love of books with you. I got a Kindle for Christmas this year and I swear I'm reading twice as much as I used to...and that's a lot.
Ok. That's enough of the list for now. There's more, but I can only ask so much of you, right? My plan this week is to go get a small notebook and brainstorm about the optimal day to blog. Wish me luck!

No comments: