.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's raining (and it's NOT raining MEN!)...hallelujah!

It's our first rainy day here in months and it is REALLY raining! Our backyard fence has already blown over (of course, right?) and I saw my first overturned big rig. I mean really overturned...like the wind just swept it over. These are the parts of the season that I could do without.

I know I've been a little out of touch lately. Sorry. And I think I even promised to blog more regularly. Sorry again. And...well, I'm sure there's more to be sorry about just so I can have a hat trick of apologies. Truthfully, I have no great excuses. I just don't sit down to blog, even though I have a jillion (it's a number if I say it's a number!) things going through my mind to blog about. Let's see. What's going on in the Land of Homeschooling, Coffee-Drinking, and Mayhem?

Oh, there's always football. It's actually starting to grow on me a little. But just a little. I still don't "get" it and right when I think I know every position, they change their formations or whatever they're called, so I don't "get" it anymore. But my boys are having a great time. They are both really hustling their tails off for their teams. And my Little Man has exceeded far beyond what I expected. He's not just trying, he's DOING! And he's a little beast on that field. His team is undefeated, but they don't have playoffs for his division, so he's bummed. His brother's team, on the other team, does, in fact, have playoffs and they made it! Looks like our season is going a little longer than we thought it would, but that's cool. Big Boy is excited, so we're excited.

And then there's baseball, about which I won't go into too much detail, but I will say this: Big Daddy and my Daddy (also known as "Papa" 'round these parts) are, along with one of the only other men we would let coach our children, starting their own travel ball team. Here's the website. Check it out. We're fairly stoked. Little Man has decided that he does not want to play for a travel ball team this year, so he'll stick with Babe Ruth for one more year and my dad will manage that team. Yep, we'll all be busy. But it'll be worth it.

Oh, yeah, and that little homeschooling thing we do. It's going well. I have some doubts, still, about whether or not I'm teaching them "enough," but we're slowly easing through those doubts. Homeschooling is turning out to be harder, more rewarding, and more challenging than I expected. I really do love it and the boys are doing great. I think.

No comments: